Thursday, March 14, 2013

Winding Down

Today we did some last minute chores.  I bought a box of latex gloves for dumping the sewer.  I use them instead of a pair of work gloves as I can just peel them off and throw them away.  Then I had my car washed.

It cost $4 to have your car hand washed
Good Job!
and dried.  It cost another $3 for wax.  Neither of the two men spoke English.  That is quite normal here in the valley.  I often wish I spoke Spanish fluently.  I can usually get my point across using my Spanish words interspersed with English.  I will definitely have to work on that. 

You would think that with being on holiday I would have done that, but just did not have time.  Really!


This is a photo of the unit our friends bought in Paradise Park.  It only cost them $3500.  They still need to pay $2400/yr. for lot rental and park facilities.  They have a nice swimming pool, a huge hall and other amenities. They share the expenses. One can live quite cheaply down here.

Lewis and Marilyn's
Lewis is going to build a carport.  They were very excited about their purchase.  They were in our park for a couple of months, but they really wanted a park with a pool. 

Many of the units at that park were similar to this one.....a trailer with an addition.  It is really a lot of room for 2 people and saves driving a rig down every year. 

The bougainvillea behind our unit is extremely lush.  They bloom all year long, but in the spring they really fill out.  It has been extremely dry here this spring and the dirt has turned very fine and blows everywhere on windy days.  After one really windy day Brenda and I cleaned the motorhome.   The top air vents were clogged with dirt.  I washed the walls and ledges on my side and Brenda did her side.  I had to throw the water under a palm, as there was just too much silt in it to pour down the sink.

Bougainvillea



We are excited about being on the road again come Saturday.  There is much to see out there!

No comments: