Tuesday, March 12, 2013



We are preparing to leave the Dolphin.  We are scheduled to leave on Mar. 16th.  Today was a day to get things done.  I had an oil change done for my car.  There was a knocking noise under my car and I mentioned it to the mechanic.  He asked if it was when I hit a pothole and I said yes.  He showed me the broken part and said both sides were worn out and I should have them replaced.  I had that done.  The parts only cost me $20.  He checked all the fluids and the tires.

When I got back to the park I mentioned to my neighbour, Charlie, that on Friday I would get the oil changed in my motorhome.  He said he would do it so I went and purchased an oil filter and he did the change.  My motorhome started well.  I was surprised as I had not ran it since November!  He also checked the fluids and filled what needed filling, which was only washer fluid.

I then climbed on the roof and washed the motorhome.  Brenda and I then went to get a gift for Charlie as he would not accept payment.

We only have 4 more days in the park.  Neighbours have been leaving all week and it was a sad time.  Brenda and I are both anxious to see our families again, but we know it is still cold in the northern states and in Canada.  We are giving ourselves 6 weeks to get home, but hope to make it in two, but our eyes will be on the weather.   We can legally stay in the U.S. until the end of April.

I am asking friends and family not to send any emails that need to be downloaded while we are traveling.  We will attempt to find signals along the way, but most all signals now have a security code except for McDonalds and such.

I still need to find a gift for the groundsmen in the park as they were so kind to take away my broken fridge, hot water tank and used oil.  I spoke with the groundsmen to take away the used oil.  I have a scattering of Spanish and asked if any of them spoke English.  Only one spoke a bit of English, but they appreciated my efforts and praised my Spanish.  I don't know the Spanish word for motorhome so I said, "motorcasa".  They laughed, but they knew what I meant.

The fellow who spoke some English said I was a nice lady and it was a pleasure to meet me.  I told him the pleasure was mine....el gusto es mio.  I have liked the Spanish speaking people I have met here.  They are very polite and gracious.  They make a small wage.  The minimum wage here is only about $5 and if you are illegal here you only make a couple of dollars a day.   And they work very hard for that couple of dollars.  That explains why everything is so cheap here.

So....we have 4 days here.   They will go quickly I know.  There is always that anxiety when pulling away as we have been parked for awhile and am no longer comfortable driving the unit with car attached, but hopefully all will go well. Speaking with my neighbours I discovered they all go through that until they hit the road.

Will see family soon......hurray......!!!!

Spring.....make it easy!


No comments: