Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Slowly Warming

I've been home for a couple of weeks now.  The weather has been exceptionally cold for this time of year.  On Saturday we had a blizzard in the morning.  One could not see a few feet ahead, but it cleared in a couple of hours.  According to the forecast it is supposed to steadily climb in temperature this week.  Everyone I speak to is tired of the cold!

We gathered for Doug's birthday on Saturday and Des and I took photos of the clouds and landscape.

I thought this was a neat photo.  It looks like the cloud has sunshades on and is smiling.  As you can see the prairie is losing its snow.  The ditches still have big snow banks.

This should be called Big Sky Country. 

It has been a challenge to keep warm and I am using a lot of propane.  Getting up in the morning is the difficult part.  When the sun shines into The Old Girl it warms up quickly.

I have been busy visiting friends and family.  It has been good to see everyone again.

I miss my American friends.  It was a wonderful winter!  Hopefully it won't be too long before I can see them again. 

No comments: