Friday, May 3, 2013

Prairie Life

The weather has improved on the prairies of Alberta.  I just returned from a walk and other than the wind, it was gorgeous. 

Creek
I was expecting the creek water to be higher after all the snow this area had over the winter.  It is surprising how quickly the wind carries the moisture away. 

The frogs are alive and croaking loudly.  As soon as they heard me all became quiet.  The ducks also flew away once they became aware of my presence. 

All around me the ground is various shades of brown.  The grass is turning green on the acreage.


Follow the road
And here I am











Being that the snow has melted I moved The Old Girl off the drive way. 

I have been busy helping one of my girls prepare to paint her basement.  This week we will buy the paint and next week begin painting.  I had a wonderful night with my oldest daughter in Strathmore and got to sleep in the peaceful Seaside Room. 

Until next time.......

No comments: