Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pepe's


Buenos dias,
I had company from Alberta for 3 days. My friend, Doug, from Red Deer was passing this way and stopped to visit. It is always nice to see someone from home. Of course, one wants them to see as much as possible while they are here so one day we went to South Padre Island and then to Progeso, Mex. We also got together with friends and had a great time.
Yesterday we went to Pepe's in Mission, Tx. That is Pepe's in the photo. It is on the Rio Grande River....the river that separates the U.S. from Mexico. They have live music there on the week-ends, so we ate and danced and visited. At one point some folks there were attempting to hit golf balls from the U.S. side of the Rio Grande to the Mexican side.
A couple from Quebec was part of our group. In many places in Mex. you cannot put toilet paper in the toilet as their sewer system cannot handle it. So he said that he just puts his in his cowboy hat and raised his hat to show us all the paper. Of course, he was just kidding around, but it was pretty funny.
I know I will find it difficult when it is time to leave in March, as I have made such good friends here and the people in my RV park are so kind and friendly. At least it is easy to keep in contact with email.
A cold front has moved in so for a couple of days the temperatures will be cooler here. It is only 22C in my MH with all the windows open. Guess I will have to trade my sandals in for socks and sneakers today.

2 comments:

dorothy said...

I'm glad you had fun when your friend Doug was there. A cold front? Now WE are having a cold front (again)-16 in Armstrong and
-30 in Camrose. What a long winter. Don't think aabout leaving your friends, just enjoy them while you're there!
Dorothy

Brenda said...

Your 'cold' weather sounds pretty good to me. Getting some sun here which is wonderful but it is pretty cold here in Vancouver.
Still wishing I was in the good old state of Texas.