Saturday, November 22, 2014

Free Clinic

Today I began work at the free clinic doing data entry while the doctor examines the patient. The doctor is very patient with me.  It was an interesting morning. Few of the patients are literate and many do not understand instruction for taking meds.  Many children die from pneumonia. The Dr. gives out a lot of donated vitamins and antibiotics.

Panajachel is a beautiful area.


You can see from the photo how lush it is here.  I like the people of Pana.  They always make eye contact when they greet you and return your smile.


The streets get busy at times and one must be careful when crossing the road.  There are a lot of tuc-tucs and motor bikes. The sidewalks change every couple of steps so you need to watch your feet when you walk.  Last year I cut my toe on a sign so this year I am a lot more careful.

I am almost out of Hot Wheels.  I wish I had more.  The children are so excited to get one.

We are invited to a gathering later today so our afternoon will be full.

No comments: