Monday, December 9, 2013

Walk-a-thon

Yesterday I went on the LIFE school walk-a-thon to raise money for tuition for the children. It was about a 2k walk to the Nature Reserve and then a 3k walk once there.  What a gorgeous setting!  We had to cross on many swinging bridges, only 6 people at a time.  The kids really enjoyed the monkeys swinging from the trees.

Nature Reserve
It was a beautiful day for a hike, but the bugs ate me up alive!

I hope they were able to raise a goodly amount for the children.








Last evening there was a celebration on the street.  It was "El dia de diablo".  It is the day to get rid of the devil.  There was music on the streets and people in wonderful costumes were dancing.  I had a hard time getting a good shot, but here is one of my better ones.

Of course, they are wearing masks.  There were Disney characters, Flintstones, spacemen, etc. I was impressed!





No comments: