Sunday, December 15, 2013

Panajachel Princess

I was invited to attend a Thanksgiving event by the family I work with.  I asked if it was a   church service and he said no.  However it was a service not in a church.  Other than having to sit through 2 hrs. of Spanish choruses I liked the concept.  Almost all their family attended.  The elderly parents  were prayed over and the adult children gathered around them. It was a big family.  They then served lunch. The first thing the lady who shared my table did was spill her coke all down my pants!

Everyone was dressed up for the occasion.  Little Tomasita was beautiful in her Guatemalan clothes.  Her mom made and hand embroidered her blouse. I am sending  a close-up so you admire the work.


The handwork here is gorgeous and the colours are so vivid. The women also wear lacy blouses. The toddlers are especially cute when wearing the local costume.  They cinch their skirt on with an
embroidered sash. Although Western wear is becoming more popular, tradtional clothes are the norm.








Cute as a button


No comments: