Friday, July 5, 2013

Mushrooms

Today is the Calgary Stampede Parade so I am hoping they don't get rained on.  The Stampede grounds were under water 2 weeks ago and they worked hard to get everything ready.  The Saddledome had tiers of seats ruined and once the water was pumped out there was all the mud to deal with.  Some events had to be cancelled.  It is incredible that they are able to go ahead with plans.

I just returned from my walk.  I miss it most days due to the weather.  Either it is raining or the road is a mud hole.  This morning was gorgeous however.

Canola field
 I love the smell of canola.

I then walked about the acreage and took photos of the mushrooms.  They are incredible.
Fungi
I put my foot in the photo so you can get an idea of how large these fungi are.  This is most unusual for this area, which is usually pretty dry.  The climate is indeed changing.

Their is a new cat here on the acreage.  Three days ago I heard a car stop and start and voila! a new cat.  Hope he/she is a good mouser! 

No comments: