Thursday, July 4, 2013

Prairie Storms

We had another prairie storm this evening.  There was lots of lightening and thunder.

And, of course, after the storm, there was the rainbow.  I love rainbows!  And I love the fresh smell after the rain.  Not that we need more rain!  One can smell the mowed grass rotting in the evenings.  I won't even mention the mosquitoes!!!!

There were tornado warnings south east of us, but the warning was later rescinded. 

I wonder if you can see the yellow canola fields in the photo below?  The season is short and I am always amazed by how quickly the crops grow and blossom. 
There is a flock of pigeons that always land on the roof of the bigger shed.  When I go outside they always fly away, but you can see one just on the edge of the roof.  One day I will be quick enough to catch them in flight.

The prairies are beautiful in the spring, summer and fall months.  I guess winter has its own beauty and I would love the sparkle of the snow and the white landscape if it wasn't for the cold.

Enjoy the summer while you can!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great shots Anna.