Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Work



Greetings all,
I am enjoying my quiet time at the Twisted Horseshoe. Finally the weather is warm, not hot, but warm.
I have been looking for work and have applied for a variety of jobs. It is difficult to know what to look for. My last job entailed plenty of sitting and not only do I hate that, but I get a sore back. I would really like to do something physically active. However, there is not a plethora of jobs, so I will take the first reasonable job that is offered. Having said that, it has to pay enough to live on.
My biggest problem presently seems to be finding an internet signal. Alas, that is always a challenge. If I go to the library I have to pay parking and can only park for a limited time. The library in Penhold has lots of parking, but no Wi-Fi, which means I can't use my laptop where my resume and cover letters are.
I will continue on my search and hope something turns up that I like.
Take care all.

4 comments:

Carolina said...

Hi Anna,
Glad that the weather is warming up.
Good Luck with your job hunt!! Hope that something turns up that is enjoyable...plus pays well and keeps you active. I have a friend who is a qualified teacher but both he and his wife are cleaning schools. He works 8 hours and she works 3:30 - 9:30. It's a thought.

dorothy said...

Hi Anna, I finally looked on your blog to see if you continued using it and here you are. Perhaps by now you've found a job. Anybody who works somewhere where they get tips seems to do very well. I work at the gas bar and I love it because I get outside and I know almost everyone but alas (!), hardly any tips. Hope to hear from you again soon. Take care.
Dorothy

robynlee said...

Hi Anna,

How are you? Where are you? I have been wondering about you

robyn

Melanie said...

Hi Anna, I hope you are still reading your blog and I hope you post again soon! James and I moved to Edmonton, and in the move, I lost your blog and it took a VERY long time to find it again!!! I would love to send you a Christmas card and I have the same email address, or you can reply to me on your blog and it will be sent to my email. I think of you often and I hope you are doing well. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful birthday and 2010!!!
Love, Melanie