Thursday, January 2, 2014

Another Year

Hi to you all and Happy New Year,
At midnight the fireworks began.  The next morning the streets were littered with firework casings.  I put in earplugs and was asleep long before then.

The family I teach had me in for a birthday lunch and we then went to the lake.  Most people had the day off and it was very crowded.  We took a boat ride around the lake...no stops.

Internet connections have been really bad for a couple of days, so if you don't hear from me, that is why.  I will not even attempt to add photos to this posting.

I have just 3 weeks left in Guatemala and I know they will go quickly.  I will truly miss Pana and the friends I will leave behind.  It is a good place!

My sister is anxiously awaiting my arrival in Sicily.  She said my room is ready, so a new adventure will begin shortly.

Wishing you all a year filled with good health, prosperity and love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. Hard to believe that you have only three weeks left there. Enjoy!